Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This is my overflow blog

A few times in the past, I've wanted to copy a complete article so it'll be preserved in case the newspaper or magazine site that I've ripped off decides to charge for access to their archives.

To accomplish this, I've had to go back to week one of my site, save the stuff there as a new post, and link to it there. This screws up the Libertarian Aggregator sites that link to everything I post as a new entry.

The Blogspot hosting system doesn't support any kind of non-dated archive for bloggers who want to link to copies of long texts, linked punchlines to jokes, any other documentation that's too lengthy for the main site.

So this site, The Bleached Mausoleum, will do all of the above.

I wanted to call it "The Brood of Vipers", since it's another great phrase from Jesus's "Whited Sepulchre" rant. But that name was already taken. Nobody's posted anything on it for two years, but it's taken.

Second choice was "The Outer Darkness". Taken, dang it.

But The Bleached Mausoleum name works well, since, like a real mausoleum: 1) it's basically intended to store things for sentimental reasons, 2) people will only visit once or twice a year, and 3) it's a synonym for Whited Sepulchre.

I've turned the comment fields off. If you want to comment on something, go to the link that brought you here.

I might also do a few experiments here, like writing a post that brilliantly includes all 100 phrases from the Google Trends site, and then sitting back to see how many jillion hits it gets.

Nah, probably not.